MeltingTogether overhauls any drum welder and their separate assemblies. We also provide parts & equipment for the resistance seam welding machine. Below you can find a list of items that we overhaul. If your part is not listed please contact us to see what we can do for you.
Complete drum welder
Weld wheel drive
Index of the weld wheels
Overhaul British Federal Welder
Complete overhaul of a Britisch Federal Welder for a customer in Egypt.
1. The customer had this British Federal Welder in Spain from 1968. The welder was able to produce drums with a inner diameter of 571,5mm and it had to be rebuild to produce conical drums with a inner diameter of 520mm.
2.The machine had among others the following issues: Forming of the sheet from 0.7 was not stable. The weld was not ok, problems with the starting of the weld (insulation problems).
1. We provided a complete overhaul on our location in The Netherlands.
2. Overhauling all critical parts (forming rolls, pusher, welding heads, ratchet, knurl houses and more).
3. Engineered and built completely new hourglass section.
4. Designed, build and programmed a whole new electrical-, pneumatic-, grease and cooling installation on the machine.
5. Commissioning of the machine, complete with documentation.
Overhaul forming rolls
Overhaul of forming roll system for a Newcor welder.
1. Customer wished to place his drum welder in another plant and therefore the input direction of the sheet in the forming rolls needed to be changed from left to right.
2. Also required mechanical overhaul of the forming rolls.
1. New drawings where made to change the infeed direction of the forming rolls.
2. After measuring the forming roll system, we noticed that the alignment of the bearings of the upper and lower roll where not in line.
3. We installed new components and carried out the overhaul. The alignment of the bearings was repaired. This is very important because otherwise you make a conical body.
1. The process starts with an inquiry of the customer.
2. MeltingTogether reviews the inquiry and if needed asks for additional information. For example
b. Specification of requirements (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, cooling, etc.)
c. What is the reason for overhaul (preventive, problem, innovation etc.):
3. MeltingTogethers offers a price for inspection and if needed a price for making new drawings (if drawings are missing)
4. If price for inspection is agreed the machine or part is send to MeltingTogether. Also order for inspection will be send by customer.
5. Start inspection at MeltingTogether, this consist of the following steps:
a. Testing part or machine (status of arrival)
b. Dismantle and cleaning
c. Measurement of parts compared with drawing
d. Make drawings of parts of which the drawing is not available (if necessary)
6. MeltingTogether makes inspection report. In this report the following information is provided:
a. Status of arrival
b. Findings with measurements and pictures
c. Possible innovations
d. Price and timeline for the overhaul
7. Possibility for customer to visit MeltingTogether and look at the dismantled part and discuss the findings and innovations.
8. MeltingTogether sends invoice for inspection costs
1. The overhaul start with an order according to the inspection report for overhaul of the customer.
2. Overhaul is carried out according to inspection report
3. Testing the part or the machine according to our test report or agreed testing procedure. Items that are tested are:
a. Visual inspection
b. Functional test
Final acceptance and shipment
1. Possibility for customer to visit MeltingTogether for final acceptance
2. Shipment of parts or machine